The monthly tuition is due in advance. For example, December's monthly tuition is due before the end of November. We highly encourage payment by EFT (electronic funds transfer). This is a very simple, secure, automatic and inexpensive payment option. We also offer VISA and MasterCard, check and cash payment options. Complete information about our tuition options and rates are available in our enrollment contract, which parents receive when they attend an orientation.
Our Kumon families have generally be great about getting tuition payments in on time, and so we don't often have to talk about the late payment policy. FYI, the policy is:
- Tuition is due on or before the first of the month
- A $25 late fee will apply if tuition is not received before or on the first day of the month that payment is due (tuition postmarked on or before the 1st is not late)
- A student may be absent, at no charge, without being discontinued as long as the student is not absent for more than two consecutive months
- Paid tuition is non-refundable and is forfeited should a student discontinue enrollment or if work is taken at any time during the month
- A 30-day written notice is required before leaving the program. Failure to give written notice 30 days in advance will result in the forfeiture of the last month's deposit. Your acount will be closed 30 days after we receive your notice to terminate. Your account will remain open and active until written notice is received.
- In cases of medical or other emergencies where a 30 day notice is impossible to give, please call us and we will do what we can to accommodate your situation.
- Tuition is pro-rated for the first month only according to the day of the month enrolled. Full tuition is charged for subsequent months until 30 days written notice is given to terminate enrollment.